Building your email listadmin
Building your email list
Building your email list is important to any business and should be one of the first things you start doing when. If you have a list of potential and existing customers this enables you to send out offers, product updates and information and tips.
Advantages of having a list
- There are lots of advantages, which I won’t go into here but Social media feeds move very quickly meaning your updates can be missed, however if you send an email it lands directly into peoples inboxes. However, if you use GMail this can be tricky as they filter using their tabs. If you are expecting an email from GMail and it arrives in the SPAM folder or others, simply drag and drop it into the inbox and it will land there in future.
- Not everyone uses Social Media platforms but have email accounts
- People also look forward to your updates to keep them up to date
- You’re able to capture information from sign up and keep people engaged with your news
- An email list can be used to increase and drive engagement to your social media platforms
- It’s all about how you share your content and information and how you communicate with people on your lists.
You can use various plugins on your website to capture information and encourage people to sign up to your newsletter. I discuss all of these with my potential and existing clients to help them explore as many avenues as possible.
I’ve recently installed Sumome onto a clients website and love it. The Plugin integrates with Mailchimp and captures analytics within the plugin. You’re also able to customise it with your website colours.
When working with plugins it’s important you choose the right one for your site. Test a few out and see if they integrate the way you want. The last thing you want is something that annoys potential customers making them navigate away from your site.
The Mailchimp plugin also integrates the software directly into your website.
Email Marketing Software
There’s a huge range of choice out there, some paid and some free. Again this is up to the the individual which one they choose. I personally use Mailchimp. It’s free and does the job I need it to do. If you’d like a chat about how it works then get in touch.
There’s also AWeber, Constant Contact, Dotmailer, Freshmail to name a few.
Again choosing which one to use is up to you and not all are free. It has to be the right choice for your business. I’m just around to help you with the process should you need it.
So, now you have this information you should kind of understand why it is important to have an email list. If you confused about any of it just give me a shout.
Have fun building your email list folks.